Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Site 814

At the Pinery, we surely lucked out booking that site over the internet. There were only 8 sites in the entire park to pick from a couple weeks back...we were surprised to find a large, private site with shade :-)

We caravan'd out to Grand Bend Friday afternoon, stopped for ice and Dairy Queen :-) When we arrived at the Pinery, there was almost an hour wait to get registered, never seen it like that before. Perhaps it was because we arrived at 4.30, a busy time. We had a great first night, Ladybug loved it, was warm enough and there were no bugs, she was good as gold. Bryan loves it so...and Hiba enjoyed herself too, we got pictures to prove it :) Saturday we went into a patio furniture store, took longer than I wanted, ordered 4 chairs and a table, which I ended up cancelling and picking a different style, then walked down the main drag looking at all the beachwear and hot cars...Hiba bought her first pair of Crocs, black Mary Jane's, cute cute cute!

Sat night we made spider dogs and I didn't get any pictures...poo. We went to watch the sunset on Lake Huron, known as the most beautiful in the world. We walked the beach, collected rocks and wrote love letters in the sand and then headed back to camp, happy. We all slept great, ate great and and great conversations, reminisced about our camping trips with the kids when they were little...I cherish these weekends.

We got home Sunday and unpacked, cleaned up the coolers and showered! yea!!! showered!! I was zonked by evening and went to bed early.....

Thanks Rick, Bryan, Hiba and Ladybug for a great weekend.

8 comments:

jenn said...

LOL I joke you not, I'm sure we stayed at that site a few years back. I'll have to look it up now!
Great photos!
xo

Amanda said...

Looks like tons of fun!!! And "Ladybug" Layla looks like she's enjoying herself immensely!!!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun, great pictures. Ladybug looks like she is enjoying it, I love her nickname, it is soooo cute.

Anonymous said...

anonymous is me Faye, can't ever seem to get the comments posted correctly. lol.

Claudia and Luke said...

don't know what happend to my first comment....

Very cool camping pictures....love the Pinery...how cool is it to go camping with your grandbaby...
Loving the slide show...she is so adorable...what great pictures to scrap....
Love ya

Barbara said...

You are one brave lady. Camping with a baby!!! I LOLed when I saw the picture of the baby swing sitting out by the fire.

She's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Camping was super fun, thank you for hosting.

Layla, Hiba, and I had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I am le sad that I missed this trip. Miss you, tonnes and tonnes.