Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ricks Mom's 80th Birthday party in Fort McMurray, Alberta

yes another birthday party! Rick, Chris and Sandbox left Ontario on Tuesday eve, Aug 28th to drive across country to surprise his Mom on her 80th birthday. I flew out of Hamilton on the 30th. I got to Fort McMurray a day before Rick and the boys. I was with Chris's daughter Melissa, Rick's sister and niece Linda and Tammy. We had a good time getting all the fixin's for the party from decorations to food. We had a day of shopping and planning and before we knew it the party day was here. We made all the food and decorated the house. we all had time for an hour rest and a shower before the guests arrived. Eva was so surprised to see us and Linda and Tammy, we were the only ones that made it in from out of town for the surprise. There was a professional photographer on hand, can't wait to see the pictures. We finally gave Eva the Two Uteruses book!!!! yay!!! I handed it over after 4 years of working on it! it ended up being almost 10 lbs and 84 pages!!! definitely a coffee table book, it's a little heavy for your lap. Eva liked it alot and I'm sure she'll enjoy it more on her own time in the quiet of her own home. Rick I flew home on labour day, we got home after dinner and was totally zonked. All our visitors have gone and all our commitments are fulfilled. We are going to unwind for a few weeks!
the birthday hat sure does get around eh?

4 comments:

Claudia and Luke said...

Hey!!! you updated more than once....Yipee!! I love it when people update their blogs.
Glad the party was a success and I am sure she will love your book when she gets looking at it

Amanda said...

YOU MADE HER WEAR "the hat"!!!! That's too funny!!! Looks great on her!!!

jenn said...

hehe Happy birthday!!!! I love that hat, i'm trying to find one too!

April said...

Can you tell me the name brand of that scrapbook album? That is the thickest scrapbook I have ever seen. Wow 84 pages---that has to be a record. Her poor lap! I bet her legs fell asleep:) No seriously she must have been so excited to have it. Great job!